DSL security

From: Tony Miklos (tmiklos@netcarrier.com)
Date: 03/13/03

From: Tony Miklos <tmiklos@netcarrier.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:29:43 -0500

The DSL provider I'm about to check out on a trial basis told me that by
using a router, I don't need a firewall (that will slow things down).
He said something about the router using "fake" IP address'? Any sense
to this or is he just trying to sell me a router, even though I only
have 1 computer on line?

Thanks,
Tony

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... the ame router to get access to the net! ... I'm paranoid about opening up my firewall "just in case..." ... not visiting dodgy Websites. ... The protection that it does supply is also provided by ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... how long it plays for because it's all been ripped on to hard disc ... the ame router to get access to the net! ... I'm paranoid about opening up my firewall "just in case..." ... The protection that it does supply is also provided by ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: What is broken:McAfeee firewall or my router ????? Urgent, ple
    ... your computer regardless of what McAfee firewall said. ... If your router is ... warned about those ports being available right away if you had any of those ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: What is broken:McAfeee firewall or my router ????? Urgent, ple
    ... your computer regardless of what McAfee firewall said. ... If your router is ... warned about those ports being available right away if you had any of those ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Just venting (totally OT)
    ... long it plays for because it's all been ripped on to hard disc so it ... I'm paranoid about opening up my firewall "just in case..." ... having the protection of a router, not opening dodgy emails, and not ... The protection that it does supply is also provided by your router ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)