Re: undelete and purge programs

From: Robert van der Meulen (joesnet@wiretrip.org)
Date: 03/03/03

From: Robert van der Meulen <joesnet@wiretrip.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:01:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:19:43 +0100, Jim Watt <jimwatt@aol.no.way> wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:07:33 -0800, fast <spam@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
> >Boot with a Linux boot disk and do
> >dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdxy bs=1K count=1
>
> Thats what I like about Linux, its so friendly
> and intuitive ...

Pretty stupid as well, as this will barely remove 'any trace of files';
It will just wipe out the bootsector.

Greets,
        Robert

--
Linux Generation
finger rvdm@debian.org for my GnuPG/PGP key.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: adding an external hard drive?
    ... > Linux is dual booting with Win2k at the moment and the HD is just too ... > have lying around. ... If you insist on this configuration your Linux boot disk must have a ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Problem with MS 2000 NT
    ... NEW error message! ... This one says "there are no connections available to all ... > a Linux boot disk that works quite well. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Cannot log in to W2000
    ... Get your self a copy of a Linux boot disk. ... you are given the opportunity to change the WIN2K ... Administrator password to match the Linux Administrator ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: BINARY GROUPS?
    ... > LINUX with complete GUI etc.? ... > only easier toi install on a hard disk drive. ... > Is ther ea goiod place to download a LINUX boot disk to install it oin ...
    (alt.os.linux)