Re: undelete and purge programs

From: bd (bdonlan@bd-home-comp.no-ip.org)
Date: 03/03/03

From: "bd" <bdonlan@bd-home-comp.no-ip.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 18:47:15 -0500

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:59:37 +0000, Vlad Tsyrklevich wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Look at http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/, good tool, you need to overwrite
> information on your HDD so many times before it actually goes, 20-30
> usually will do it so that getting back data is a major pain, of course
> the only way to completely get rid of something is a sledgehammer ;-).

Actually, thermite is the preferred way :)

--
Freenet distribution (temporary): http://24.25.175.161:8891/Rq9rc-arHJg/
It just doesn't seem right to go over the river and through the woods

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Word doc opens in IE
    ... I can't seem to overwrite the server file, ... computer to associate with web broser, that's why you ended up with opening ... your HDD and then attach this file to your email. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Fast and secure HDD erase?
    ... i wonder, is there a faster alternative than to overwrite a HDD n-times, ... But with the deletion tools i know, which overwrite the whole disk ... If not, then a few formats, preferable with different file systems will do ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: undelete and purge programs
    ... Look at http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/, good tool, you need to overwrite ... information on your HDD so many times before it actually goes, ... with a packages with Slackware, not sure which one, but it's probably on ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Fast and secure HDD erase?
    ... i wonder, is there a faster alternative than to overwrite a HDD n-times, ... But with the deletion tools i know, which overwrite the whole disk ... I generally use Maxtor low level format and write 3 times. ...
    (alt.computer.security)