Re: ANN: NetPeeker 2.5

From: Ming Jin (martinkin@attbi.com)
Date: 03/02/03

From: "Ming Jin" <martinkin@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 20:20:03 GMT

> I went to your page and honestly don't see anything about your
> firewall that isn't covered in other such firewalls. I do, however,
> have to ask something:
>
> Because the Popup killer works by insert control script into html
> content, in a few cases if the html page itself have some bug with
> script (unpaired script tag), popup killer may cause the page blank.
> In these case, you can add such website into skip list.
>

> What if you can't run scripts? I have javascript blocked completely.

It depends on how you blocked javascript. If it's blocked because your
firewall filter them out, this will be problem.
If it's blocked because you disabled all javascript, then I think you don't
need any popup killer.

Thanks for your comment.

Ming Jin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RFC: my firewall ruleset(s)
    ... IPFW numbers rules that increment by 1. ... > The reasoning behind this is so I have a single firewall script for all ... Depending on the rc.conf entries on that server, the firewall ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Turing of SP2 Firewall via registry entry?
    ... Group Policy that disables the firewall (see WF_XPSP2.doc ... Disabling the Use of Windows Firewall Across Your Network ... you create a script file that is read by ...
  • Re: MS Security CD, wsh topic buried, non automated post (promise)
    ... Their stuff is for server is seems. ... you most likely want to script your 'access'. ... the firewall still inserted stuff in about every ... > Saying that you network drives may cease working. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
  • Re: what www perl script is running?
    ... When you run a firewall on a host, you open the ports for the services you want ... that doesn't really add to security at all and may well make you less vigilant. ... Security isn't always about preventing a compromise. ... The part you missed is that the installed script needs to connect out to ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: firewall package for laptop wi-fi client
    ... You should probably be running a plugin/extension that turns off flash ... and javascript, and let you selectively enable for individual sites. ... possible, you really don't need a firewall, or at least minimal rules. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)