Re: Windows Explorer Alike Shell Menu Access by User

From: Whoever (nobody@devnull.none)
Date: 02/28/03

From: Whoever <nobody@devnull.none>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:39:12 GMT

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, ivanp74 wrote:

> "Ron Ruble" <raffles2@att.net> wrote:
> >"Ivanp74" <ergosum@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >> Does anyone know about any program that will look like windows explorer,
> and
> >> have features like:
> >> - Access to listing, deleting, moving, copying, creating, executing files
> >> according to user rights.
> >

> Windows Explorer").
> The replacement will have these features which r included in many other
> security programs, disable any way for the user to counteract the limitations
> of the Explorer REPLACEMENT.
>
> I will have to start developing my own then... I don't think its a difficult
> program to develop. It is pretty simple and direct to the point. An explorer
> like program that allows a user to: List, Execute, Delete, Move, Copy, each
> action according to user rights; and at the same time secure itself so it wont
> be possible to go around it.

Well, how do you know what programs on the system can copy and delete
files? How do you stop the system from executing "copy" or "xcopy" from a
floppy or a CD? Or from an email?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Explorer Alike Shell Menu Access by User
    ... >User rights are enforced by the underlying OS and file ... They have nothing to do with Explorer. ... well thats the idea of having this "explorer replacement" so it wont let u ... The replacement will have these features which r included in many other ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • RE: DEP ALERT
    ... It was definately windows explorer where I got the DEP alert [i ... While I have your attention perhaps you could tell me why I have a browser ... It is really important to distinguish between Windows Explorer and Internet ... install it for use with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1. ...
  • RE: DEP ALERT
    ... It is really important to distinguish between Windows Explorer and Internet ... Add-ons (Browser Helper Objects / Browser Extensions) that you may have ... install it for use with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1. ...
  • Re: Need collective brain power of the many
    ... there have now been over 200 people reporting very similar problems ... Windows Explorer (Recycle bin, folder shortcuts, control panel, ... Restore point or doing a Repair Install of Windows or reformatting ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Explorer crashes every time I try to open recycle bin
    ... Renaming works fine only in Internet Explorer. ... >>worse as Windows Explorer comes up with a message saying it has had to close, ... > to what you are reporting. ... > to install free ShellExView and to try disabling these ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)