Re: Sharing folders on XP

From: Don Kelloway (dkelloway@commodon.com)
Date: 02/28/03

From: "Don Kelloway" <dkelloway@commodon.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:08:00 GMT

May I ask why would you be concerned with an answer to this question when
you've stated that your system is not vulnerable to any insecurity?

Of course if the reason for your query is because you're not sure about the
methodology used or the security of your system, I would certainly
understand.

--
Best regards,
Don Kelloway
"Don Jenkins" <bigwheeze@hotmail.net> wrote in message

> Orniter wrote:
>
> > Don Jenkins <bigwheeze@hotmail.net> wrote in

> >>On XP you can specify to share it locally and/or share it on the
> >>network.  If you do not specify network share, then it is not visible.
> >>
> >>Right click on the folder and select "Sharing and Security".
> >>
> >>Would you like to test this by having someone on the internet verify
> >>what they see?
> >>(if so, can someone help, I don't know how yet.)
> >>

> > all you have to do to view shares is (from windows) run this command :
net