Re: Sharing folders on XP

From: Don Kelloway (dkelloway@commodon.com)
Date: 02/28/03

From: "Don Kelloway" <dkelloway@commodon.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:08:00 GMT

May I ask why would you be concerned with an answer to this question when
you've stated that your system is not vulnerable to any insecurity?

Of course if the reason for your query is because you're not sure about the
methodology used or the security of your system, I would certainly
understand.

--
Best regards,
Don Kelloway
"Don Jenkins" <bigwheeze@hotmail.net> wrote in message

> Orniter wrote:
>
> > Don Jenkins <bigwheeze@hotmail.net> wrote in

> >>On XP you can specify to share it locally and/or share it on the
> >>network.  If you do not specify network share, then it is not visible.
> >>
> >>Right click on the folder and select "Sharing and Security".
> >>
> >>Would you like to test this by having someone on the internet verify
> >>what they see?
> >>(if so, can someone help, I don't know how yet.)
> >>

> > all you have to do to view shares is (from windows) run this command :
net
> > view <ip address>   To access a share, map it : net use G: \\<ip
address>
> > \<share>   (to map to drive G:).  Enjoy!
> >

> Thank you.
>
> Does this work across the entire internet?
> (or only within certain areas  e.g. a LAN or a Microsoft workgroup)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Stuck on "Checking for the latest updates for your computer...
    ... In the security tab, make sure you aren't blocking AcitveX. ... You may need to add Windows Update to the Trusted Sites Zone: ... Clearing Temporary Internet files, cookies and history in Internet Explorer ... It is possible that the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder have become corrupted, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Norton Internet Security has screwed up my system...HELP!!!!!!
    ... I was having problems installing Norton Internet security 2006 ... Internet Explorer and windows media player 10 are completely messed up!!! ... GO TO TOOLS AND THEN FOLDER OPTIONS, THEN GO TO THE VIEW TAB. ...
  • Re: Cant check for updates. Progress bar never appears in white
    ... In the security tab, make sure you aren't blocking AcitveX. ... You may need to add Windows Update to the Trusted Sites Zone: ... Clearing Temporary Internet files, cookies and history in Internet Explorer ... It is possible that the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder have become corrupted, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: windows cant chek for updates
    ... In the security tab, make sure you aren't blocking AcitveX. ... You may need to add Windows Update to the Trusted Sites Zone: ... Clearing Temporary Internet files, cookies and history in Internet Explorer ... It is possible that the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder have ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: WINDOWS UPDATE