Circumventing NAT?

From: Orniter (
Date: 02/28/03

From: Orniter <>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 04:39:37 GMT

I'm wondering if there is a way to connect directly to a node behind a
router with NAT. If a host had an address of behind a router
with the address, is there some way to connect directly to that
host? For example, would it be possible to map that computer's shared
resources to a computer on a remote network? Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated, thank ya much! :-)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Sending An eMail From Native Windows Command Language?
    ... range of dynamic IP address your router's DHCP server will assign. ... The WAN-side of your router will get a dynamic IP ... Presumably you are trying to connect to your host from somewhere via ... There are several DNS redirection services available, ...
  • Re: Exiscan+clamav
    ... > # The next three settings create two lists of domains and one list of hosts. ... > # The second setting specifies domains for which your host is an incoming ... > # This router routes addresses that are not in local domains by doing a DNS ...
  • Re: Networking Questions
    ... The DNS address is sent as a secondary element, mostly because there's no point for nearly all internet connections without DNS. ... The PC asks for an address by sending a DHCP request out the route to the DSL device which is either a modem or a router. ... No need for DNS until host names get involved and those hosts are on a different network segment. ...
  • Re: How did they get past my NAT?
    ... network), I get no response, because there is no "Default host" set up ... behind my NAT, and no port forwarding for that port - if an explicit ... as I understand?), and not forwarded on the router, so there should be ...
  • 2wire router configuration
    ... firewall on this router and to configure my network ... Go to Home Network -> Advanced Settings ... X Default DHCP Pool ... Configure host to use DHCP with host name sent ...