Re: Learn From My Words

From: Don Kelloway (dkelloway@commodon.com)
Date: 02/25/03

From: "Don Kelloway" <dkelloway@commodon.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:46:57 GMT

re: If your on a Windows Platform, (minus XP,NT, 2000), and you install a
firewall without disable Windows services which are enable/open by default,
no firewall will protect your computer.

That's not true. Please don't provide erroneous information.

re: Hell, I had two software firewalls running with Windows open ports and a
hardware firewall, but this won't keep your system secure.

I'm rather inclined to believe you probably configured something
incorrectly. Of course if you're trying to say that you installed a
firewall onto a system that had already been compromised, then of course it
won't protect you.

re: Tracker who is in love with Thomas

You're sharing a little more than I care to know about... <grin>

--
Best regards,
Don Kelloway

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Startup programs
    ... > If you don't wish to follow all of the advice immediately, ... I will assume a "Windows" operating system is what ... If there was more than one, install ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Latest Update Wreaked Havok - Cannot Restore
    ... track of what you install in order to be able to uninstall it. ... been diligent with your critical updates, ... Windows Update ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: partitioned hardrive and installing XP Pro
    ... the clean install method is the best by far... ... of contacting the Internet UNTIL you have activated the Windows XP ... download/instyall all critical updates. ... FIREWALL ...
  • Re: Service Pack 1 & 2
    ... but enable to install because of service pack 2. ... >> I recently reinstalled Windows XP home on a new hard disk because the ... >> I tried to install service pack 1 but was rejected from doing so. ... > Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: How do I get the Windows Update icon to stop notifying me of SP2?
    ... If you don't wish to follow all of the advice immediately, ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... If there was more than one, install them back ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)