Would like to password-protect second HD

From: SBN (sbn@foobar.net)
Date: 02/24/03

From: SBN <sbn@foobar.net>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 17:42:41 GMT

My PC has a 60G master HD and an 80G slave HD. The PC has several
users. I would like to find a fairly simple but secure program to
password-protect only the slave drive, leaving the master open for all
users. I presently us a file encryption program called Cryptext on
individual files but it is used on a file-by-file basis and is
somewhat cumbersome. If I could restrict access to the entire slave
drive I would only have to use the password 1 or 2 times per session.
Thanks for any suggestions.

  • Re: Replikations Frage
    ... vom Master auf den Slave kopiert hast und dabei die Permissions auf ... Die Datenbanken auf den Slave Server laufen ohne Probleme. ... # If you want to know which options a program support, ...
    (de.comp.datenbanken.mysql)
  • Re: When caveman Uhg invented fire
    ... be a business owner. ... But even the smallest "ownership" makes one a slave. ... Any "slave" can become the master. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: One-sided authentication for small micros?
    ... The master has a lookup table of all 'known' slave id's. ... This would reset all the slave keys to their lookup values. ... decides that it is a valid slave and starts to communicate with the slave. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: FIXMBR redux
    ... William, I did the best I could for you under the circumstances and I did ... >> "To remove the recovery console, delete the cmdcons folder from the root ... > drive as Master and formatted it anew, as Active and Primary, ... I then jumpered it as Slave, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: MS ACCES DELPHIE MASTER/SLAVE PROBLEM
    ... >that is the master table with the name of the different School levels ... >That is the slave table with all the books used in each specifique level ... Select * from Items where OrderNumber =:OrderNumber. ... Set the Datasource property of the TadoDataset for Items to a datasource hooked ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)