Re: Virus/hacker question

From: Mimic (.@.)
Date: 02/24/03

From: "Mimic" <.@.>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 03:06:48 -0000

"Billie Ellis" <nurse_ratchett@ameritech.net> wrote in message
news:3e5b8c3f.26358678@news.ind.sbcglobal.net...
> I don't know if this is the right place to ask, so if not would you
> please point me in the right direction. A couple of weeks ago, my bank
> called me and said they got a list of debit cards that had been hacked
> and mine was on it. They said it would have been between Feb 3rd-7th.
> On the morning of Feb 8th I turned my computer on to a blue screen,
> error in OE some numbers called from VXD. When I hit enter a fatal
> exception screen came up and when I hit enter again, it would re boot.
> I eventually re-formatted and re-installed everything on my drive (a
> real pain in the butt). Several days ago I downloaded from KaZaa and 2
> of the files were virus (one was Hantaner, the other Surnova), My
> virus scanner got those and deleted them. My computer has not acted
> right since the blue screen incident. For one thing WMP will not play
> certain files (I have Xvid and Divx on my computer). Also I can't
> download from WMP site the WMP 9.0. When I do download my little box
> for downloading does not show the progress bar, but it does say how
> many Kb or Mb have been downloaded. I have updated my virus scan and
> ran it several times, but it says no virus. What does this sound like?
> Could someone have hacked my computer and messed it up? Do I have a
> virus? When I reformatted my drive, would that have got rid of the
> problem? Sorry for so many questions, but I don't know what to do.
> TIA,
> Bj

VxD errors are general caused by device drivers.
I doubt your problems are related to your virus infections.
Sounds like usual Windows problems heh, i get the feeling you are using
windowsME ?

--
Mimic
"Without knowledge you have fear, with fear you create your own nightmares"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: computer virus usegroups
    ... New Virus Stealing Information from Computer Users ... You can infect ... attempt to download from a Russian website. ... Internet Explorer to protect users of its Internet Explorer browsers ...
    (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
  • Re: hacktool.rootkit
    ... In addition to "what is a rootkit". ... > mode virus scanning, registry entry purging, etc.). ... Norton Antivirus reported the following: ... >> You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Virus/hacker question
    ... >>>exception screen came up and when I hit enter again, ... >>>of the files were virus, ... >>>download from WMP site the WMP 9.0. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Virus/hacker question
    ... exception screen came up and when I hit enter again, ... of the files were virus, My ... download from WMP site the WMP 9.0. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: AIM Send out random messages
    ... > dont want to take chances ... you want me to install the firewall (thats what ... > 5) Download ZoneAlarm from www.zonelabs.com. ... > I downloaded the latest virus definations for intellegent updator... ...
    (microsoft.public.security)