Re: Problem relaunching Sygate Pro in XP

From: Duane Arnold (notme@notme.com)
Date: 02/23/03

From: "Duane Arnold" <notme@notme.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:36:32 GMT

> I hit some access problem so I closed down my Sygate Pro 5.0
> firewall in case that was blocking something.

Then why do you have Sygate? That's a NO NO and you need to learn how to use
Sygate effectively to protect your machine, especially on a dial-up
connection, and in my opinion, is far worse then a cable connection in the
number of attacks launched against a computer connected to the Internet.

If you reboot and Sygate doesn't start, your machine may have been
compromised.

Duane :)

--
The protection of the machine is a process and not a given!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Active Ports
    ... i can try to kill a process with aports by shutting the port, ... > Well is Messenger supposed to have a connection? ... Sygate should block all unsolicited inbound ... > You may want to use Process Explorer to look at running processes ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Active Ports
    ... > Well is Messenger supposed to have a connection? ... Sygate should block all unsolicited inbound ... few 'Allowed' incoming polls on stealthed ports from addresses that I don't ... > You may want to use Process Explorer to look at running processes ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Sygate Firewall gibberish
    ... TRY to access this site and download HijackThis!: ... connection to the internet,so,that's normal.Find out the ... Sygate support forum for further guidance. ... Whats System32? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: a couple of questions from a newbie to this group
    ... >nice features but I can't keep having my connection go partially or wholly ... Sygate has their freebie Personal Firewall ... my DSL connection has a heavy I/O load either. ...
    (alt.computer.security)