Re: Problem relaunching Sygate Pro in XP

From: Duane Arnold (notme@notme.com)
Date: 02/23/03

From: "Duane Arnold" <notme@notme.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:36:32 GMT

> I hit some access problem so I closed down my Sygate Pro 5.0
> firewall in case that was blocking something.

Then why do you have Sygate? That's a NO NO and you need to learn how to use
Sygate effectively to protect your machine, especially on a dial-up
connection, and in my opinion, is far worse then a cable connection in the
number of attacks launched against a computer connected to the Internet.

If you reboot and Sygate doesn't start, your machine may have been
compromised.

Duane :)

--
The protection of the machine is a process and not a given!