Re: windows update question

From: memimi (mcallahan215@attbi.com)
Date: 02/22/03

From: "memimi" <mcallahan215@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:11:49 GMT

> > thanks again,
> > mike

> > specific to my
>
> Mike,
> Yes, as I understand it. The ActiveX on the page asks your compuer "hey,
> give me a list of MS stuff on your computer". Then it compares the list of
> what you have against it's catalog. It then gives you a list of the latest
> stuff you do not have. If you noticed, they now have a link you can click
> on to see the list of updates already on your computer. They promise not
> verify your ownership of your installed MS products.
> http://www.bnl.gov/itd/webapps/WinUpInfo_print.asp

hey steve, thanks again man. i just checked out that link, the page has "my
update history", can't believe i havn't seen it before. anyway, thats
exactly want i wanted to know, i think now i'll be able to make a sense out
it.

> The latest Win98 updates I have done last few weeks have screwed up
> something on my laptop. Phoenix and Mozilla will freeze from time to time;
> I haven't had the time yet to go back and find and delete Bill's latest
> "update".

yeah, my desktops been kinda screwy lately since adding SP1, and the other
one they've had since.(the problem one and then the, "fix for the fix"). i
guess i'm gonna grab the lastest one, now that i know i havn't added it yet.
Hey, thanks again for making sense of it for me.

mike

> I'm a Linux advocate, I'll leave it at that.
>
> Have fun.
>
> Steve

Relevant Pages

  • Fix for Media Player Update KB828026
    ... Hey Ya'll!!! ... I found a fix that works for me. ... Wyseman has the answer! ... >automatic updates) and itīs also showing on the MS ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Fix for Media Player Update KB828026
    ... Hey Ya'll!!! ... I found a fix that works for me. ... Wyseman has the answer! ... >automatic updates) and itīs also showing on the MS ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Hack attempt
    ... I have a standard Redhat Distro updated with all Redhat's updates. ... they backported that fix. ... I will verify it. ... Mike ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Restarting after installing inportant update
    ... important updates about 10 times. ... Hello Mike, ... Until you find the fix, perhaps you might want to change windows ... ,do it one at a time, and if you are asked to restart, do so. ...