Re: My Windows XP system is 100% secure - nobody can get in

From: George Liu (gliu1@umbc.edu)
Date: 02/21/03

From: "George Liu" <gliu1@umbc.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:31:54 -0500

Pez Mohr wrote:
> Don Jenkins wrote:
>> I have a firewall. It's called Windows XP Home Edition.
>
> Since when is an OS a firewall? Either be more specific, or stop being
> stupid.
>
> Is this guy annoying as many people as I think he is? Cause he's damn
> sure annoying me.

Look at the length of this one thread. I think plenty of people are ticked
off.

Relevant Pages

  • which personal firewall product?
    ... I have recently aquired cable internet service and my ... computer tec suggested a firewall. ... I know that Windows XP ... home edition has one and I have also downloaded the free ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Zonealarm altnernatives
    ... I also installed the free Zonealarm firewall and disabled ... > the built-in Windows XP Home Edition firewall. ... Most the windows 2000 pro suggestions for hardening the OS should apply to ... Windows XP, except for Home Edition {Which, in my opinion, is way too ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: which personal firewall product?
    ... > computer tec suggested a firewall. ... I know that Windows XP ... > home edition has one and I have also downloaded the free ... Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: All of a sudden my programs cant connect to their servers to upda
    ... I am using Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service pack 2, ... The only firewall I have on my computer is Windows and I have added the programs to the exceptions list. ...
  • Re: Firewall
    ... > I have Windows XP home edition and internet access ... > firewall or not. ... There are also free firewalls ...
    (microsoft.public.security)