Re: My Windows XP system is 100% secure - nobody can get in

From: Don Jenkins (bigwheeze@hotmail.net)
Date: 02/20/03

From: Don Jenkins <bigwheeze@hotmail.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:23:02 -0800

Jim Watt wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:09:25 -0800, Don Jenkins
> <bigwheeze@hotmail.net> wrote:
>

>>You're a jackass.
>>

> Not so much as someone who posts an invitation to hack a
> system into a group of people who's job is preventing this sort
> of thing.

That's right, it is your job to know what the problem is. You don't.
All you can do is advise someone to buy 3rd party software to fix
an unknown problem. You're a fraud.

> You really should try a hackers group.
>
> PS: no system is 100% secure.

Right. Osama Bin Ladin could come kick down my door and take over
my computer. Some disgruntled Microsoft employee could put in
compromising software. Paranoid generalities.

If one follows the usual advice on this newsgroup (buy 3rd party
s/w from JoeBlow,Inc, "firewalls" or anti-virus s/w), it makes the
above "disgruntled employee" problem worse.

My computer is 100% secure, meaning as secure as necessary. You,
with "expert" knowledge, cannot get into it, and you don't know
how someone else could get in. You are clueless. No additional
s/w will make it any more secure (just the opposite).

You people are out of control.

Have a nice day.

> --
> Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

Relevant Pages

  • OT: Windows File Deletion Question
    ... resorting to 3rd party software? ... on the Mac side you can ... "secure empty trash." ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Installing new Components in an old Computer
    ... NTFS has a few advantages. ... in an IT setting finds that a more secure way to run the OS. ... Are most modern SATA HDs journaled? ... Is there s/w for that? ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Privacy with External Hard Drives
    ... I just purchased an external hard drive for large files and backup. ... noticed on XP there is no way to secure these files, so that others on my PC ... any freeware or shareware recommended?? ...