Re: My Windows XP system is 100% secure - nobody can get in

From: SysAdm (wjones@sitesmith.com)
Date: 02/20/03

From: "SysAdm" <wjones@sitesmith.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:06:58 +0000 (UTC)

<snip>

> I believe I am. I have seen nothing, except paranoid generalizations,
> to indicate otherwise. Worse, the self-appointed "experts" give out
> bad advice, such as advising people to purchase 3rd party software from
> some unknown and unverified "company" (to solve an unproven problem).

Firstly, paranoid generalizations ?
As you are patently new to this whole "computer" thing thats been going on
for, oh, a few years now, I would like to be the first to inform you that
the wonderful Operating System that you are so totally enamoured with has
had no less than 20+ SECURITY hotfix's within the past 12months. And thats
JUST the base OS, doesnt include things like IIS etc. that sits on it.
Why do you think M$ put out SECURITY hotfix's ???

Secondly, self-appointed "experts" ?
Again, being new to this, let me be the first to inform you that newsgroups
are PUBLIC groups available to just about anyone with nntp access. I think
the general consensus is everyone on these groups posts either to ask or to
answer questions, with the occasional TROLL baiting...

Cant you see how ridiculously ignorant you have come across to everyone in
this ng with your original posts ?

there again, by the sounds of you, maybe you just cant.

SysAdm