Re: Am I Secure (sygate's port scanner)

From: Cap (cap@sand-n-sea.us)
Date: 02/18/03

From: "Cap" <cap@sand-n-sea.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:33:14 -0600

USENET POST WARNING

====================

USENET POST WARNING

====================

The User by the name "Tracker" aka "Debbie", VPNSISHACKERSSECRET, aka
"snailmail" regularly posts incorrect, misleading and damaging information,
to rely on the advice of this person could result in irreparable damage to
your system. Do not listen to anything that this person posts and certainly
to not attempt or believe anything this person advises. The following link
provides additional information http://www.sand-n-sea.us/debbiesdrival.htm

Debbie Gambriell<snailmail222000@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I'm using winXPpro. I have a connection to Telus ADSL (one of the largest
> ADSL hookups in Canada), via ethernet, d-link modem - both behind an
> SMC-4port router. Zone Alarm Free is firewall.
>
> > > I don't find a post where you say which OS you are using. If you are
> > > using W2K or XP, you can try TCPView, which will show you which
programs
> > > are using which ports. I have a hard time believing you are running a
> > > web server, a telnet server, a SSH server, and a DNS server. What
type
> > > of Internet connection (and hardware) do you have? Who is your ISP?
>

> I downloaded TCPview and am posting the log below... "swagent.exe" and
> "swsoc.exe" are apparently some part of Dreamweavers fileserver system. I
> am not knowledgeable enough about computers to interpret the other
results.

> Stu
>
> If on a Windows Platform (excluding 2000,NT,XP)
> Port 1025 if open can host three Trojan Horses. Too tired to address the
rest.

> Tracker

                http://www.usenet.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Open Ports
    ... USENET POST WARNING ... "snailmail" regularly posts incorrect, misleading and damaging information, ... to rely on the advice of this person could result in irreparable damage to ... > your computer and have opened this ports on your computer. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Whats New
    ... USENET POST WARNING ... posts incorrect, misleading and damaging information, to rely on the advice ... personal advice not to listen to anything that this person posts and ... "Without knowledge you have fear, with fear you create your own nightmares" ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: REVIEW: "The Total CISSP Exam Prep Book", Thomas R. Peltier/Patrick D. Howard
    ... USENET POST WARNING ... posts incorrect, misleading and damaging information, to rely on the advice ... personal advice not to listen to anything that this person posts and ... "Without Knowledge You Have Fear, With Fear You Create Your Own Nightmares" ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Sex Trojans
    ... >USENET POST WARNING ... >The User mostly known by the name "Tracker" aka Debbie, ... >posts incorrect, misleading and damaging information. ... It is my personal advice not to listen to anything that this ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Learn how Tucows leave their ports open