Re: Get into my XP box - get $100

From: FredAUS (Freddy_fred87@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/18/03

From: "FredAUS" <Freddy_fred87@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:11:19 +1100

"Don Jenkins" <bigwheeze@hotmail.net> wrote in message
news:3E51AAD2.7040303@hotmail.net...
> Arghhhhh...
>
> I recently bought a new Compaq PC with Windows XP Home installed. I
> keep reading that people think it is insecure. But how? Where's the
beef?

> Here's the offer:
> If you can access my files, I'll send you $100.
>
> Prove you can access my files by following the 3 instructions contained
> in file c:\junk.txt.
> (this proves that you can read, create, and delete files)
>
> This offer expires in 24 hours, at 8pm PST.
>
> My PC is on charter.net cable modem 24 hours a day.
> IP Address: 66.214.103.4 (will change next week)
>
> In case of conflicts, I alone will determine the winner. No sour grapes.
>
> If you need proof that this offer is bonafide, call me 775-284-9667.
>

> Please do not be malicious. Please keep the bandwidth down (I believe
> my ISP will disable exessive traffic).
>
> Also please note that my email address here is bogus (I hate
> time-wasting spam).
>
> Have fun!!

How about posting from that IP address to prove you own it rather than using
an anon service to make the request !!!

Relevant Pages

  • Get into my XP box - get $100
    ... I recently bought a new Compaq PC with Windows XP Home installed. ... keep reading that people think it is insecure. ... Where's the beef? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • [More]: One for the archives, or just cleaning out my old mail
    ... Compaq and Microsoft Announce Two Enterprise Technology ... Microsoft Corporation that are designed to accelerate the move of Windows NT ... Digital UNIX the most Windows NT Server friendly UNIX in the industry, ... Business Critical Services for UNIX and NT ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • RE: Do not buy a Compaq
    ... The bad news is that it is a Compaq. ... > called Compaq technical support again. ... > I would need to format the hard drive and reinstall Windows. ... > by using the set of CD's I burned of the operating system image as Compaq ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Do not buy a Compaq
    ... If you ever need warranty service just use the ... The bad news is that it is a Compaq. ... > called Compaq technical support again. ... > I would need to format the hard drive and reinstall Windows. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Got Vista or Win7? Worry.
    ... Do you really think people will switch to Ubuntu because of cries of worry with Vista and Windows 7? ... If you do insist on staying in all the time, try some reading instead of planting your nose, inside your computer, all of your life. ... Also knowing quite a few MVP's and other REAL EXPERTS in the industry helps. ... There input is invaluable and as I said before, I have heard nothing but good reports about it. ...