Am I Secure (sygate's port scanner)

From: snailmail (
Date: 02/18/03

From: (snailmail)
Date: 17 Feb 2003 23:04:35 -0800

I'm using winXPpro. I have a connection to Telus ADSL (one of the largest
ADSL hookups in Canada), via ethernet, d-link modem - both behind an
SMC-4port router. Zone Alarm Free is firewall.

> > I don't find a post where you say which OS you are using. If you are
> > using W2K or XP, you can try TCPView, which will show you which programs
> > are using which ports. I have a hard time believing you are running a
> > web server, a telnet server, a SSH server, and a DNS server. What type
> > of Internet connection (and hardware) do you have? Who is your ISP?

I downloaded TCPview and am posting the log below... "swagent.exe" and
"swsoc.exe" are apparently some part of Dreamweavers fileserver system. I
am not knowledgeable enough about computers to interpret the other results.

If on a Windows Platform (excluding 2000,NT,XP)
Port 1025 if open can host three Trojan Horses. Too tired to address the rest.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Whats a decent modem/router for tech savy user?
    ... It is not possible to route or deny traffic to specific ports based on the source IP address. ... But it wont route back inside the LAN - needs internal DNS server spoofing. ... Normally, this option should be Enabled, so that an Internet connection will be made automatically, whenever Internet-bound traffic is detected. ... Specifying a Default DMZ Server allows you to set up a computer or server that is available to anyone on the Internet for services that you haven't defined. ...
  • Re: Simultaneous DSL and cable modem access on a SBS network...sorf ot.
    ... Internet Connection wizard on the SBS box, ... "More Information" button on what ports need to be opened to the SBS. ... The server and the fax (the line the DSL modem ... The cable modem already has a router attached to it as well, ...
  • Re: ADAM - The Server is not operational (Joe Kaplan, question for you)
    ... There will be one ldap connection for some ops. ... I'd have to think about why they don't use NLB rather than a single server ... with an increased number of ephemeral ports or minimising tcp time wait. ... If different credentials are used under high load with ADSI, ...
  • Re: Set up Remote Connection
    ... To know what ports you need to forward for RWW and/or OWA, VPN, etc: ... Configuring Virtual Servers on Belkin Router: ... run my internet connection directly from the cable modem to the ... server, and then to the router through the second NIC. ...
  • Re: Printing "Stalls" in RD
    ... Can you check if these 4 copies of the redirected printers are attached to "Inactive TS Ports" on the session? ... Then, logoff all sessions connected to the server from this client, manually delete the printer connected to the inactive ports, if required. ... try a new connection from the client. ...