Credit Card Frauld Per GRC

From: snailmail (snailmail222000@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/18/03

From: snailmail222000@yahoo.com (snailmail)
Date: 17 Feb 2003 22:46:24 -0800

We hear about really serious criminal hackers who get up to stealing
credit
card details and other information theft. What I am interested to
know is
how risky is it for these guys to get away with what they do?

Hackers use pre-paid cards and phone booths for their actitives, which
Telecommunication Companies won't investigate for shi*.

But what about a criminal hacker? Are the most experienced of these
guys so
meticulous and confident in their ability to cover their tracks in
cyberspace that they can be literally certain that no one will ever be
able
to trace them

You bet your ass they hide. It costs tons of money to track down
Proxy Servers these hackers abuse. Last my attorney told me, to
subpoena one Internet Service Provider costs $5,000.

>From what I've researched, unless a hacker takes down a Network or
Server, you can forget about tracking the movements of hackers. This
of course, doesn't include "The Trackers" who have been tracking
hacker movements and contacting approciate Companies.

FBI work on how much a Company has lost financially to the malicious
hacker.

I still am very scared of giving my card details over the internet
even
though every website says it is secure etc.

Any company on the Internet has a phone number to purchase their
product, use it. Do the same!

Al

Tracker