Re: Magic Folders
From: nameless (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Next message: nameless: "Re: A 'clean' OS?"
- Previous message: GYanez: "Re: CISSP Training & Tips"
- Next in thread: G. Morgan: "Re: Magic Folders"
- Maybe reply:(deleted message) G. Morgan: "Re: Magic Folders"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: "nameless" <email@example.com> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:27:20 GMT
> Nomen Nescio wrote:
>> So, any thought on how good Magic Folders (http://www.pc-magic.com/)
> It isn't exactly foolproof, of course. There has to be a way of
> removing the program if you lose your password. Otherwise, you would
> never be able to get back into the folders you hid. However, the
> average person is never going to suspect anything is being hidden.
> Also, the uninstall has to be done according to the company's
> instructions for this to take place. The average person wouldn't know
> how to do it - unless you leave the instructions in plain view on
> your disk.
You could also access the directories from outside of Windows, it would
-- Free, simple, and effective encryption: <http://snurl.com/clipsecure> Reliable partitioning and imaging: <http://www.bootitng.com> Improve Outlook Express for free: <http://jump.to/oe-quotefix> Trustworthy Computing: You can trust it to be insecure.