Re: A 'clean' OS?

From: Colonel Sam Flagg, U.S. Army Intelligence (colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org)
Date: 02/17/03

From: colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org (Colonel Sam Flagg, U.S. Army Intelligence (ret))
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:20:36 -0500

In article <xcb4a.42128$9U3.36531@twister.nyroc.rr.com>,
namelyouress@myrealbclothesox.com says...
> To[r+]onado wrote:
>
> > Mandrake is not the only [Linux] distro available,
> > even though it is the user-friendliest.
>
> Is this true? I find myself confused when I read all the reviews,
> opinions, information, and criticisms of the various distros. Some
> people say SuSe is the easiest to use, others say [insert flavor here],
> and so on.
>
> I've been "wanting to" try Linux for eons, but distro choice is one
> thing that has been holding me back. I know I don't have the time or
> patience to try three or four different flavors of Linux, so if I made
> the splash, I'd "need" for it to be something that didn't disgust me
> straight off.

I've used many flavors of linux and ran freebsd as a desktop. By far my
favorite is RedHat. The new Redhat 8.0+ is absolutely the easiest OS
I've ever installed and I didn't do it the very easiest way possible.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Redhat no longer free now what? :)
    ... > web servers. ... now that RedHat is no longer free I like to consider ... > another flavor of Linux as an alternative for RedHat. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: OpenQM vs. Everything Else
    ... people who "support" Linux really only install stock distros. ... Debian is simply not drama queen. ... Linux or that of people like Martin, Doug, or other "engineer" types ... U2, RedHat and SuSE: ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: OpenQM vs. Everything Else
    ... Linux or that of people like Martin, Doug, or other "engineer" types ... asked to work with an MV system over any distro except RedHat. ... And the only Linux distro mentioned on the QM download page is RedHat: ... hardware to test my clients' MondoRescue DVD's. ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?
    ... When I purchased Redhat 7.3 they sent me an email 2 weeks after I ... installer screen was offset on all of them. ... expect more from a "commercial" Linux distribution. ... I hope one day a Linux distro is actually that, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: New laptop/Linux
    ... confused with all the Linux versions to choose from. ... "Community" version of RedHat. ... It is very stable and you pay to get license and support. ... the source of their distro, and this is used by others to build distros ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)