Re: A 'clean' OS?

From: Deeter (this@isnotit.com)
Date: 02/17/03

From: Deeter <this@isnotit.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:30:37 GMT

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:20:42 -0500,
colonel_flagg@NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org (Colonel Sam Flagg, U.S.
Army Intelligence (ret)) wrote:

>In article <rq125voe19kft3i18inkrmbbib9rns3oda@4ax.com>, passerby@thisng
>says...
>> On 17 Feb 2003, steve harris wrote:
>>
>> >Passerby wrote:

SNIP
>> After much thought, I ordered Mandrake Standard from mandrake.com,
>> only to be told that they couldn't supply me with this product! So much
>> for Linux...
>>

>Just download Redhat 8.0+, you don't need to be much of a geek to use
>it. Learn how to burn an ISO, make sure you know how to get your BIOS to
>boot from CD, put in the RedHat cd and follow directions. I think the
>setup is easier than Windows.

SNIP

>I think your strategy would work. To keep things a little more simple,
>don't use any desktop email client, get a webmail account. Use an .html
>file for your bookmarks and keep it on a webpage somewhere.

You can still use Mandrake, they offer free downloads of the standard
edition from their ftp server. It may be a little more user friendly
for the linux novice to get Mandrake up and running with all their
hardware.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has inteded us to forego their use."
              --- Galileo Galilei
http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Deiter

Relevant Pages