Re: Browser problem.

From: Roger (
Date: 02/16/03

From: "Roger" <>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:13:33 +0000 (UTC)

I don't have a virus.
I run NAV fully up to date with the sig files and a firewall.

"Slammer" <> wrote in message
> Roger...Sounds like you may have the JS exploit virus. It notorious for
> changing your start pages. Go to Symantec's website for a fix.
> --
> Slammer
> MCSA, CNA, iNet+, Server+, Net+, A+

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Identity P/W and Security question
    ... If all you use the permanent connection for is surfing, ... A firewall that just blocks all incoming connections ... and a virus scanner to take care of the mail worms is all they've ever ... >> around the net surfing news sites or whatever it does the job. ...
    ... Virus file found in temp file wrote: ... Windows Update ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ... I see that AntiVirus software is an absolute necessity given ...
  • Re: spyware is ruining my computer
    ... > I seemed to have picked up a trojan virus. ... > I always refused to download that thing. ... disable your Windows Messenger service. ... by the normal home user and in cooperation with a good firewall, ...
  • Re: help again !!!
    ... Were the virus definitions up-to-date? ... If Windows XP, was internal firewall enabled? ... Third party firewall (like Zone Alarm or Norton Personal Firewall) present? ...
  • Re: Zone Alarm (free addition) and Netscape dialup accelerater.
    ... How do I know that the scanner knows about the virus? ... by non-technical home users. ... times has your personal firewall bothered you with popups in the last 6 months? ...