Re: Strong Passwords Revisited

From: nameless (namelyouress@myrealbclothesox.com)
Date: 02/14/03

From: "nameless" <namelyouress@myrealbclothesox.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:54:43 GMT

Howie wrote:

> I tell my people the best passwords are acronyms of phrases that mean
> nothing to anyone else plus a number that has some personal meaning.
>
> For instance: My 4th grade teacher was memorable to me in that she
> destroyed my ability to learn for years, so it's easy for me to
> remember "Mrs. Garin Ruined My Life" which gives me 'mgrml' and I
> follow it with the year it took place, 1962, so my unforgettable,
> practically unbreakable password now is 'mgrml1962'.

I hope that was just an example password, rather than the one you
actually use...

What did Mrs. Garin do, smack you upside the head with a book?

--
Free, simple, and effective encryption: <http://snurl.com/clipsecure>
Reliable partitioning and imaging: <http://www.bootitng.com>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Strong Passwords Revisited
    ... Howie wrote: ... > I tell my people the best passwords are acronyms of phrases that mean ... > practically unbreakable password now is 'mgrml1962'. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Strong Passwords Revisited
    ... Howie wrote: ... > I tell my people the best passwords are acronyms of phrases that mean ... > practically unbreakable password now is 'mgrml1962'. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Strong Passwords Revisited
    ... Howie wrote: ... > I tell my people the best passwords are acronyms of phrases that mean ... > practically unbreakable password now is 'mgrml1962'. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: replace words in string with hash values
    ... >I want to replace matches in string to hash key with hash value. ... >replacing acronyms with phrases where acronym is hash key. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)