Re: gotomypc reasonably safe to use?

From: Jim Watt (jimwatt@aol.no.way)
Date: 02/08/03

From: Jim Watt <jimwatt@aol.no.way>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 11:18:28 +0100

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 05:06:51 GMT, "Joe" <jcutcher@camcomp.com> wrote:

>Do you understand what the term Hacking means. If you have the packet you
>have the data, no matter if it is encrypted or not. It is just a matter of
>time.

Well, as you put it that way, heres a packet of data, please tell me
what it contains, and then we can discuss the false sense of
security that encrypting data give me in more detail.

Version: PGP for Personal Privacy 5.5.3

hQCMA9+lFPBKL4cZAQP/RS9JewA0yskySXCXB+a7emjQ7aUR6lOHLGkASpYRwSIp
iEorrvtrmyZDfLaxWyNdqnDTppavScbAm0nXFJwVYuSaVp2O577fIqDPLZscaBIU
HeibaKEofo9woH7SKbCceo1dJlSMeSEyBFhr53y2lQwquSKbY8cVrlbKtl2XCjik
Mrl8eqXiGi2jmLsxlLJiDNmP6cEV0bKq60W/nXxUvONYzqX0kd0dc2nhKQOAL/7z
Qpao
=jSv8
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

PS: the time required may be longer than you have to live and the time
that I have known what hacking is is probably longer than you have
managed so far.

Goodnight.

--
Jim Watt          http://www.gibnet.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: gotomypc reasonably safe to use?
    ... Do you understand what the term Hacking means. ... If you have the packet you ... no matter if it is encrypted or not. ... > do you understand what the word encryption means? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Basic question about RSA
    ... I think what you mean is that it is a matter of terminology. ... the private key", you can end up with an insecure signature scheme. ... message" is the same thing as "encrypting with the private key". ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Packet writing issue on 2.6.15.1
    ... have to format the disc with a fixed packet size. ... a change which would have made the mount command fail in this case. ... I apologize for lack of insight in this matter, ... In the UDF filesystem? ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Netgear RP614 leaking
    ... Moe Trin wrote: ... matter, ... what's inside that packet. ... Don't bother posting it if you are going ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Be careful what you suck!
    ... Be careful what you suck when you're on your bike or in your car for that matter. ... Or keep a packet in your pocket or on the dash? ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)