Re: Creating a Password

From: Don Kelloway (dkelloway@commodon.com)
Date: 02/07/03

From: "Don Kelloway" <dkelloway@commodon.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:11:20 GMT

It is my opinion that an even better reply to choosing a password less apt
to be cracked, would be to select two from each of the following four
categories and mix them any way you want.

capital letters, numbers, lowercase letters, symbols

Example(s): Qi8&W3n! or Vd#9iR%n

Such passwords can only be cracked by means of brute force.

--
Best regards,
Don Kelloway
"Tracker" <"snailmail222000(remove)"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The innocent victims need to understand these malicious hackers use a
> password cracking Websters Dictionary.  If you really want to protect
> your passwords, use as many numbers as possibly.  Shy away from any
> letters in the dictionary when possible.
>
> Tracker
>
> BTW- Alan Larkin don't forget to contact Covad to cancel my account.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Creating a Password
    ... > It is my opinion that an even better reply to choosing a password less apt ... > capital letters, numbers, lowercase letters, symbols ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Creating a Password
    ... > It is my opinion that an even better reply to choosing a password less apt ... > capital letters, numbers, lowercase letters, symbols ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Creating a Password
    ... It is my opinion that an even better reply to choosing a password less apt ... capital letters, numbers, lowercase letters, symbols ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Wynton Marsalis op-ed piece on CNN
    ... lectures, philanthropist endeavers and frequent op-eds just show ... I've spent the past 8 years outraged and have made my opinion ... in letters to my various elected officials. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: ~
    ... So what if I use the last 3 letters of your handle? ... opened--just to set the record straight, do you have a husband or a wife? ... That doesn't mean or prove the garroting ... Every expert opinion I've seen on the head injury agrees that it ...
    (alt.true-crime)