Re: mil grade file wipe

From: Lorin Hunter (lorin.hunter@mchsi.com)
Date: 02/07/03

From: "Lorin Hunter" <lorin.hunter@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:17:16 GMT

no guys what I am looking for is a Mil Spec File Wipe Utility what it did is
not only remove the file but then overwrite the sectors that it took up on
the disk. When writing using military classified data all information had
to be removed from the machine, making it unrecoverable. I have been helping
set up referbished machines from businesses and just wanted to afford them
the same security
thanks
"Ali-Reza Anghaie" <ali@packetknife.com> wrote in message
> Lorin Hunter wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me where to fine a mil spec grade file wipe utility??
>
> With all the journaled file systems, RAID, foo, and bar...
>
> You're looking for a hammer, magnets, gasoline, and then some.. ;-)
>
> -Ali
>
> --
> OpenPGP Key: 030E44E6
> --
> Was I helpful?: http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=packetknife
> --
> In God we trust, all others we monitor.
> -- NSA, Intercept Operators's motto, circa 1970

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mil grade file wipe
    ... > no guys what I am looking for is a Mil Spec File Wipe Utility what it did ... > helping set up referbished machines from businesses and just wanted to ... >> Lorin Hunter wrote: ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: mil grade file wipe
    ... >no guys what I am looking for is a Mil Spec File Wipe Utility what it did is ... Military IT manuals generally recommend total destruction for any disk ... which has contained classified information. ...
    (alt.computer.security)