Re: LOP and what it does

From: siljaline (siljaline@invalid.com)
Date: 02/06/03

From: siljaline <siljaline@invalid.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 01:24:53 -0500

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:38:47 -0000, "C Ehlers" <no@a.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>We have a lot of users on our lan that claim that LOP add programs just
>installed them self on their PC with out them even being promted with
>warning.
>
>Is this possible. And if it is how do you stop it.... Is there patches that
>you can load to stop this happening?
>
>What are the security implications for the user?
>
>Regards
>Christiaan Ehlers

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/lop.html
http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/
http://security.kolla.de/kbase.php?lang=en&sbi=spybots&kbase=clop

HTH

--
siljaline
- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

Relevant Pages

  • Re: LOP and what it does
    ... > We have a lot of users on our lan that claim that LOP add programs just ... http://lop.com/help.html#uninstall Download the uninstall tool. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • LOP and what it does
    ... We have a lot of users on our lan that claim that LOP add programs just ... What are the security implications for the user? ... Regards ...
    (alt.computer.security)