LOP and what it does

From: C Ehlers (no@a.com)
Date: 02/05/03

From: "C Ehlers" <no@a.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:38:47 -0000

Hi

We have a lot of users on our lan that claim that LOP add programs just
installed them self on their PC with out them even being promted with
warning.

Is this possible. And if it is how do you stop it.... Is there patches that
you can load to stop this happening?

What are the security implications for the user?

Regards
Christiaan Ehlers

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Access from Internet yes, from LAN no
    ... Best Regards, ... Access from Internet yes, from LAN no ... | "Crina Li " wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: LOP and what it does
    ... >We have a lot of users on our lan that claim that LOP add programs just ... "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be indistinguishable from ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • RE: DNS Problem
    ... I'm not having any dedicated IP from the ISP. ... Regards ... "serge calderara" wrote: ... When I'm working in my company, i use the LAN to access ...
  • Re: check if drive exist
    ... It's like Drivetype(), when there is a driveletter mapped to a drive over ... and the Lan is disconnected, ...
  • Re: Experts Guide regarding MAC Address of a remote machine.
    ... SendARP work only in LAN not WAN:( ... >> I am able to get the MAC address of any machine connected in my LAN ...