Re: new to cable

From: Pez Mohr (boredMDer74@msn.com)
Date: 02/04/03

From: "Pez Mohr" <boredMDer74@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 15:10:19 -0500

athegates wrote:
>> What you need is a firewall. There was a thread started about
>> firewall recommendations just two days ago, check that thread out.
>> As far as the router, what kind of functionality are you looking
>> for? You'll have to be a bit more specific.

athegates - not to criticize, but you really should look into OE-QuoteFix to
fix your quoting issues...google for it.

And more to the point, there was a thread on either here, alt.hacking or
alt.hacker about the Wake-On-LAN (WOL) feature, which could, theoretically,
wake up your computer if it supports the feature, the frame manages to get
past the ISP and is not filtered when it goes through the cable modem, and
the interface that the cable modem is connected to also supports the feature
(and interprets it correctly).

Of course, as always, I could be wrong, so might as well check up on it.

--
Pez Mohr
boredMDer74@msn.com