Re: Signs Your Computer is Hacked or Owned

From: Bill Sanderson (Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org)
Date: 02/04/03

From: "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:44:19 -0500

<foo@foo.foo> wrote in message news:b1ovd6$rhb$1@panix1.panix.com...
> In article <syS%9.7555$V6.9855@news.indigo.ie>,
> Joe Fitzsimons <joseph.fitzsimons@eircom.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> 1. Hackers disable your Daylight Savings Time
> >
> >Or you set it up wrong, or you battery ran out, or ...
>
> And why would a hacker want to change your time by one hour? That sounds
> more
> like a childish act of someone who wants to have some fun.

Symantec products have caused this symptom more than once over time--the fix
is to get the current SYMEVNT files, as I recall.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Signs Your Computer is Hacked or Owned
    ... Hackers disable your Daylight Savings Time ... >>Or you set it up wrong, or you battery ran out, or ... ... is to get the current SYMEVNT files, as I recall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Signs Your Computer is Hacked or Owned
    ... Hackers disable your Daylight Savings Time ... >>Or you set it up wrong, or you battery ran out, or ... ... is to get the current SYMEVNT files, as I recall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)