Re: recommendation Firewalls

From: Gla. (gjl@telia.com)
Date: 02/03/03

From: Gla. <gjl@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:25:40 GMT

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 15:54:06 -0600, steve harris
<steveharris1@REMOVECAPShotmail.com> wrote:

>gizmo wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm investigating Firewall for a home computer. Can any one give me a
>> recommendation about Blackice 3.0.17, Kerio 2.14, Tiny Personal firewall
>> v4 or Zonealarm 3.0.133?
>>
>> Thanx.
>> Gizmo
>
>I use Sygate's firewall.
>
>Stable.
>
>Others are funky at times on my systems.

I use Zonealarm Pro 3.1 and.... Sygate (freeware) combined!

Georg.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Personal Firewalls
    ... One I don't list out below which I like the best is Outpost Firewall by ... Network Ice http://www.networkice.com/ ... The CyberArmor system is a personal firewall suite. ... In addition to protection from outside attacks, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: MAJOR Hacking
    ... > efforts with router, personal firewalls, etc. Brand new computer ... > (AIM, internet expplorer, svchost.exe etc) accessing the internet ... > server whose IP seems to be masked to my firewall logs. ... Kerio Personal Firewall ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: TinyPF vs KerioPF...Whats the Difference?
    ... >>>Personal Firewall and Kerio PErsonal Firewall? ... >> KPF is the successor to TPF 2.0.15a. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Firewall und AV
    ... [Ansicht über Tests in Zeitschriften] ... wolllen, dann versuch mal, ob Du irgendwo noch eine Kerio Personal Firewall ...
    (microsoft.public.de.security.heimanwender)
  • Re: thanks and Happy New Year
    ... The same is true for ones that shut down the firewall applications. ... > to the airport no longer has his home router to protect him, and, without ... we're back to people understanding how to use personal firewall ... Third would be to install a personal firewall ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)