Re: Stealth vs. Blocked
From: Vlad Tsyrklevich (email@example.com)
- Next message: Louise: "Re: gotomypc reasonably safe to use?"
- Previous message: JR: "Re: Stealth vs. Blocked"
- In reply to: Lars M. Hansen: "Re: Stealth vs. Blocked"
- Next in thread: Whoever: "Re: Stealth vs. Blocked"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: Vlad Tsyrklevich <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 04:24:00 GMT
> It's more like hiding in a barrel. Although they cannot see what's on
> the inside, its often very easy to catch...
True, but it will pass very small tests, ICMP pings, but it is easy to
detect if there is someone there I would think, you are still hit by the
kiddie scans but atleast you don't waste your time/bandwidth (do you ever
have enough? :-)) replying.
-- -Vlad Tsyrklevich