tracing an IP

From: David and Nan Greenly (cty79485@centurytel.net)
Date: 02/01/03

From: "David and Nan Greenly" <cty79485@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:16:34 -0600

Not sure if this is the right forum. If not please let me know. A friend of
mine is getting death threats on his own message board. The board is hosted
by another company. One of the freebies I think. Anyway I am not too
knowledgable about all this. The same IP address shows up with the death
threats as another well known person on the board. It comes out of England.
He can't ban one without banning the other. Are they the same person? What
can we do to trace this down? Don't want to ban someone who it innocent.
Please help this is a real dilemma for us ignorant folk.
Thanks, Nan Greenly

Relevant Pages

  • Re: tracing an IP
    ... > mine is getting death threats on his own message board. ... It comes out of England. ... Don't want to ban someone who it innocent. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: tracing an IP
    ... > Not sure if this is the right forum. ... A friend ... > of mine is getting death threats on his own message board. ... He can't ban one without banning the other. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: tracing an IP
    ... After reading your post I found that the ... >>> of mine is getting death threats on his own message board. ... He can't ban one without banning the other. ... "Without knowledge you have fear, with fear you create your own nightmares" ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: tracing an IP
    ... Thanks for responding so fast. ... After reading your post I found that the ... I conclude that we will not be able to ban him. ... >> of mine is getting death threats on his own message board. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: tracing an IP
    ... of the offending IP. ... David and Nan Greenly wrote: ... > mine is getting death threats on his own message board. ... Don't want to ban someone who it innocent. ...
    (alt.computer.security)