tracing an IP

From: David and Nan Greenly (cty79485@centurytel.net)
Date: 02/01/03

From: "David and Nan Greenly" <cty79485@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:16:34 -0600

Not sure if this is the right forum. If not please let me know. A friend of
mine is getting death threats on his own message board. The board is hosted
by another company. One of the freebies I think. Anyway I am not too
knowledgable about all this. The same IP address shows up with the death
threats as another well known person on the board. It comes out of England.
He can't ban one without banning the other. Are they the same person? What
can we do to trace this down? Don't want to ban someone who it innocent.
Please help this is a real dilemma for us ignorant folk.
Thanks, Nan Greenly