Re: what does your ISP know about...

From: Markymark (a@a.a)
Date: 01/31/03

From: Markymark <a@a.a>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:00:23 GMT

Thanks to those who replied.

One other thing I was wondering about. A friend of mine told me that
"someone", not sure if this would be your ISP or some other organization,
monitors internet traffic for certain keywords. This guy told me that if I
kept making searches for things related to terrorism for example, that I
would eventually get a phone call or a visit from the people in charge of
dealing with this kind of thing.

I'm not sure if this is even true and how that would work. Is it the ISP
that would monitor your traffic and then alert the authorities when too
many keywords are detected for a certain user?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: what does your ISP know about...
    ... A friend of mine told me that ... > monitors internet traffic for certain keywords. ... Is it the ISP ... > that would monitor your traffic and then alert the authorities when too ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Computer question
    ... friend deserves to be without access to his email just for his attitude. ... And all he wanted to do was to replace the battery. ... Only the ISP can give you the correct answer with so little data. ... I can tell you in general terms he needs to authenticate with the ISPs outgoing mail server. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: My friends with btinternet addresses . . .
    ... Which doesn't give us any answer on how to fix your problem if you're not running your own mail servers, other than to move to another ISP. ... It means it's back to using the phone to contact a few of my friends, or alternatively, I can email another friend, as a go-between - someone whose messages seem to be accepted by btinternet/yahoo - and get them to forward the message to my btinternet friends. ... which defeats the point of sending via gmail - the recipient sees the underlying gmail account address as well as the intended address. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Trying something new
    ... I had a friend assist with uploads. ... I'm not sure my ISP does cable Internet. ... It, and my site host, are ... Able to leap median wait-a-minute cables in a single bound. ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: Mail sometimes goes to another person
    ... My friend has a different ISP then I do. ... to the SMTP server. ... One of the commands during a mail session is the RCPT ...