Re: Monitoring Family Use

From: Liz (lizs2000@swbell.net)
Date: 01/31/03

From: "Liz" <lizs2000@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 05:09:47 GMT

"Harri Mellin" <atz02@netscape.net> wrote in message
news:atz02-6A71FA.02565231012003@newsc.telia.net...
> In article <3E39C08F.338A4ADF@pacbell.net>, Marty <@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> > Second, I would like to know if software exists that will allow me to
> > monitor the internet travels of my children. I would also like to
> > monitor conversations they are having with others on various chat and
> > instant messenger groups. No, it's not a police state in my home, but I
> > feel I'm responsible for what my kids are up to until they are adults.
> > There is trust and there are reasonable expectations; people are curious
> > and fallible by nature. We are presently a W98SE family, possibly
> > moving up to XP (but not too soon).

I'm sure there is software to do what you want to do, but why not just put
the computers the kids are permitted to use in plain view in a common room
and limit the time they are allowed to spend online ?

and, if I may offer an opinion, there's a lot to be said for curiousity ...
and in order to learn you have to fail some of the time

Relevant Pages

  • Re: internet security and kids
    ... >> What is the best way to monitor what the kids are doing ... >allow you to monitor and control a child's internet use. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Pc displays "out of range"
    ... shows "OUT OF RANGE" on the monitor. ... with the resolution set to 640x480. ... Create a standard user account for the kids; ... Pasword protect your user account to avoid this happening again. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Pc displays "out of range"
    ... shows "OUT OF RANGE" on the monitor. ... in SAFE MODE but to know avail. ... with the resolution set to 640x480. ... Create a standard user account for the kids; ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Outlook Express Rule?
    ... They also want to setup a rule (or something ... > similar) to monitor what the kids are sending out. ... Outlook Express has no such capability, ...
  • Re: Davenport Lyons - Watchdog Report
    ... voluntarily and it's a privilege not a right. ... If you can't monitor whether it's abused then it shouldn't be ... If it is, then these kids are exceptionally privileged, aren't they? ... They have free internet access. ...
    (uk.legal)