Re: IP Address

From: Mimic (gn0rty@gn0rties.ville)
Date: 01/31/03

From: "Mimic" <gn0rty@gn0rties.ville>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:49:10 -0000

http://scan.sygatetech.com/
> to get my system scanned, they give me an IP address of 200.200.200 (the
> same as when I get in "winipcfg")
>
> Why is my IP address different between the various websites?

The first 3 you mention take the ISP cache server address. The second two
dont.

You might find the first 3 use something like php to get the IP ie:
$REMOTE_ADDR, and the others use some net stat type IP retrieval, but i
honestly dont know the difference on how they go about it.

--
Mimic
"Without knowledge you have fear, with fear you create your own nightmares"