Re: IP Address
From: Mimic (email@example.com)
- Next message: altered_vision: "Financial Institution Security Handbook"
- Previous message: Mimic: "Re: The Book"
- In reply to: Ford: "IP Address"
- Next in thread: Whoever: "Re: IP Address"
- Reply: Whoever: "Re: IP Address"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: "Mimic" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:49:10 -0000
"Ford" <email@example.com> wrote in message
> Good day,
> My questions are concerning IP addresses.
> When I check my dial up IP address using "winipcfg", I will get an IP
> address such as 200.200.200.
> When I connect to certain websites, such as http://network-tools.com/ or
> http://whatismyipaddress.com/ or http://www.gemal.dk/browserspy/ip.cgi
> all give me the same IP address, such as 250.250.250 (different as when I
> get in winipcfg)
> When I connect to http://grc.com/default.htm or
> to get my system scanned, they give me an IP address of 200.200.200 (the
> same as when I get in "winipcfg")
> Why is my IP address different between the various websites?
The first 3 you mention take the ISP cache server address. The second two
You might find the first 3 use something like php to get the IP ie:
$REMOTE_ADDR, and the others use some net stat type IP retrieval, but i
honestly dont know the difference on how they go about it.
-- Mimic "Without knowledge you have fear, with fear you create your own nightmares"