Re: Suspecious JPEG Files

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:10:13 GMT, poddima@xxxxxxxxx said:

The sender is known to me, and I suspect he was trying to attack my computer
(I recieved also an infected executable file from him just a short time before,
and I didn't opened it).

Note that "his computer sent infected files" is *NOT* the same thing as
"he was trying to attack". The vast majority of cases, it's some malware
that's gotten onto the machine and is doing the attacking totally without
the user's knowledge.

Remember - if the sender is known to you, they probably have your e-mail
address in a file (address book, saved mail, whatever), where malware can
grovel through it and find likely addresses to send itself.