From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of MiKa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:24 AM
To: vuln-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IRM Demonstrates Multiple Cisco IOS Exploitation Techniques

Not quite sure what to think about this, is this a hoax?

No details are given, the captures of the "hack" show clearly a router
command "gdb kernel" which (according to cisco's IOS command lookup tool
on cisco.com) doesn't exist and which my own IOS device doesn't
recognize.

So let's not hype this too much as long we don't get better details,
regard it a some proof of concept for a well set up test environment...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to load new ISO version in BOSON Router simulator
    ... the current version of IOS ... i'm using router 2610 and trying to isseu this command in interface ... out that command is missing and other commands are missing so i have ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: How to load new ISO version in BOSON Router simulator
    ... the current version of IOS ... i'm using router 2610 and trying to isseu this command in interface ... out that command is missing and other commands are missing so i have ... to change or to chose another IOS in BOSON router simulator because ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: ios upgrade soho78 wont work
    ... I've been trying to upgrade 2 soho78 to the latest ios version 124b. ... See attached file for output during reboot. ... I can't find the place to enter this command under the working IOS ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • How to load new ISO version in BOSON Router simulator
    ... If you want to "load" an IOS for training purposes, ... i just want to know how can i load a new version of IOS in BOSON ... i'm using router 2610 and trying to isseu this command in interface ... to change or to chose another IOS in BOSON router simulator because ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Mac Move feature not supported (6509 with dual sup 1 and IOS 12.1)
    ... running, and what the heck, the startup too off to a PC? ... remove ofending command if present ... Your IOS version 12.1E2 is listed as deferred. ... The only way to make the Cat forget about that command was/might be to boot it. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)