Re: Java - JRE, SDK Java Web Start

Even Sun's own installer will not remove previous versions. Even when
the security hole was that you could explicitly request a previous
version at runtime.

No sir, I don't like it.

BB

jfvanmeter@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
How does everyone feel about java being installed by vendors in a propriety path i.e. program files\mysoftware\bin\jre\1.4.0\ and never patching it.

I ran an enterprise scan to looking for javaws.exe and found it in 175 unique paths. Should they be held accountable for the patching of java when they install it?

I had one vendor who installed java 1.3 and 1.4, and when I ask them about it. There statement was “you don’t have the modules that require those versions you can just delete them”

How does everyone patch Java that is not installed in its default location?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: No matter what I do, IDLE will not work...
    ... Sir you're my savior, thank you so much. ... Apple-supplied Pythons and the python.org 64-bit installer. ... *something* on your system that interferes with the Cocoa Tcl/Tk 8.5. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: its not getting instaled on my pc...:-(
    ... UBUNTU LINUX.while installing the version 5.10 for 64 ... get stopped at"starting to hotplug subsystems"..plz ... sir suggest me what to do with this problem and my ... using the right installer for your processor? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: No matter what I do, IDLE will not work...
    ... but I downloaded python ... with the 32 bit installer and it works! ... Sir you're my savior, thank you so much. ...
    (comp.lang.python)