Java - JRE, SDK Java Web Start
- From: jfvanmeter@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 16 Jul 2007 15:18:37 -0000
How does everyone feel about java being installed by vendors in a propriety path i.e. program files\mysoftware\bin\jre\1.4.0\ and never patching it.
I ran an enterprise scan to looking for javaws.exe and found it in 175 unique paths. Should they be held accountable for the patching of java when they install it?
I had one vendor who installed java 1.3 and 1.4, and when I ask them about it. There statement was ?you don?t have the modules that require those versions you can just delete them?
How does everyone patch Java that is not installed in its default location?
- Prev by Date: CFP now open for ClubHack, India's own hackers' convention
- Next by Date: Re: Java - JRE, SDK Java Web Start
- Previous by thread: CFP now open for ClubHack, India's own hackers' convention
- Next by thread: Re: Java - JRE, SDK Java Web Start