Re: Asterisk ignoring replayed libpcap sessions

If you originally thought that a simple TCP replay, with sequence and port numbers fixed up, would always work, consider this:

-Client connects
-Server says "Say 3"
-Client says "3"
-connection continues.

So you replay that. This time:

-Server says "Say 5"
-replayed Client says "3"
-Server disconnects.

In many cases, a replayer that doesn't understand the application protocol will fail.

Now extend that to a TCP connection that does an encryption setup with a challenge-response.

BB

Relevant Pages

  • Re: BA: Torchlight - FREE*
    ... I played Hal Life as a PC>DC port) BUT PC I would to enjoy ... the graphics and replay it.:) ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: block_ssh_guessers
    ... port-knocking--don't be bloody stupid. ... Care to share why you think port-knocking is stupid? ... Ever heard of the term "replay attack"? ... Ever hear of changing the sequence with each connection? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: block_ssh_guessers
    ... port-knocking--don't be bloody stupid. ... Ever heard of the term "replay attack"? ... Ever hear of changing the sequence with each connection? ... What happens if somebody else uses the sequence first? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: How do I write directly to a memory address?
    ... because you're allowed to reset the state to a ... previously-saved state, and replay they exact same sequence ... I suppose you could save the sequence of values returned so far, and the state would be an index into that sequence. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: TECH: Gottlieb Spin Out EM - AWARDING TOO MANY REPLAYS WITH ALL TARGETS DOWN!
    ... It turns out that the A-B-C-D sequence has NO bearing on the problem, ... 4-5-6-7 is the only sequence that is awarding replay after replay ... the "2" relay switches. ... If you'd like help isolating it to which switches to check, ...
    (rec.games.pinball)