Adobe Form Designer Overflow
- From: mc.iglo@xxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:40:49 +0100 (MET)
A buffer overflow occurs in Adobe Form Designer 7 (Part of Acrobat 7)
with all Updates applied, when trying to create a new or modify an
existing form on a system with too many fonts installed.
Installing the software on a plain (just updates) Windows 2000 with
~1500 fonts, will result in a access violation as soon as u try to
load or create a new form.
If you do the same with only ~750 fonts, everything works fine.
This is at least a local DoS, which is pretty annoying if you work at
a publishing company with ~1500 fonts installed, like i do. Several
hundret users only here are affected by this bug.
So long, i am unfortunately not aware of any way, how to trigger this
DoS remotely or even execute foreign Code.
"Feel free" mit GMX FreeMail!
Monat für Monat 10 FreeSMS inklusive! http://www.gmx.net
- Prev by Date: CanSecWest/core06 Vancouver April 3-7
- Next by Date: Re: HTTP proxy/redirector to a unique virtual host ....
- Previous by thread: CanSecWest/core06 Vancouver April 3-7
- Next by thread: Re: HTTP proxy/redirector to a unique virtual host ....