Re: MS05-039

From: A A (hd78432_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/29/05

    Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:44:16 -0700 (PDT)
    To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com

    Does anyone know the memory address in umpnpmgr.dll
    where the overflow exception is thrown in the
    exception block (in windows 2000)? I don't have a
    windows 2000 box that I can buffer overflow with a
    debugger.
    I'm testing in an environment other than Windows 2000
    and I have been able to determine it's not in the
    strcpy functions that have 2 parameters and no bounds
    checking (based upon what I am seeing).

    Yahoo! for Good

    • Managed C++ Code Generation Bug?
      ... The minimum code ... Calling testfrom anywhere within your minimum Windows Forms ... application causes a System.MissingFieldException to be thrown. ... because the exception is thrown as soon as you try to step into ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)
    • Re: shutil.copy Problem
      ... print statements are replaced by a call to a log method. ... the exception would be different if it was thrown outside of the try block. ... but looking at the Windows ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Problem with multithreaded C# app on Windows CE
      ... The exception is thrown elsewhere, probably in the worker thread itself. ... I'm having a problem running a C# multithreaded application on Windows CE ... Everything in the source code is supported by the .Net Compact Framework ...
    • Re: Mac Speech Recognition 101, a year 2010 report
      ... the Windows OS. ... "Thrown in free"??? ... which parts of Windows do people pay specifically pay for ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: What is current best advice on hiding email addresses from harvesters?
      ... >Whoops - Ignore that. ... Outlook had thrown a dialog box (obscured by other ... >windows) and wouldn't respond until I'd cleared it. ...
      (uk.net.web.authoring)