From: Alfred Huger (
Date: 08/31/05

    Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:21:56 -0600 (MDT)

    As most of you know, some of the strongest value the SecurityFocus
    community has to offer is that of our mailing lists. These lists
    contribute a vast amount of information and dialogue to the community at
    large but they are generally held within a finite amount of lists, which
    changes little (in terms of # of lists) over time. Given this is the case
    we, every few years, make a call for new mailing lists from the community.

    I would like to invite you to send me your thoughts on which new mailing
    lists we should start here. Based off the feedback we receive I believe we
    will launch a number of new lists in the late September timeframe. I also
    urge you to consider becoming a moderator for the list(s) you suggest
    because as a community we are only viable if we all make an effort to

    Alfred Huger
    Symantec Corp.
    Sr. Director, Engineering
    Response & Global Managed Security Services