ToorCon 2005 Call for Papers

h1kari_at_toorcon.org
Date: 07/08/05

    Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:23:59 -0700
    To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com

    TOORCON 2005 CALL FOR PAPERS - issued July 7th 2005

    Papers and presentations are being accepted for ToorCon 2005 to be held
    at the Convention Center in San Diego, CA on September 24th-26th. Please
    email your submissions to cfp@toorcon.org, submissions will be accepted
    until August 15th 2005.

    ABOUT TOORCON
    ToorCon is just around the corner again this year. In its 7th running
    year, it is still San Diego's exclusive hacker convention, bringing
    together Southern California's hacker community year after year to
    attend the high quality presentations and participate in the annual
    festivities. This year we are still aiming to provide the same highly
    technical lectures you've come to know and love, but also set the theme
    as "Smoke & Mirrors" which will highlight the voodoo magic behind
    computer security and have a focus on Anonymity, Spoofing Techniques,
    Phishing, and other kung foo exploitation methods. We will also be
    offering an intensive full-day Deep Knowledge Seminars on Friday the
    16th that we are accepting submissions for.

    SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
    ToorCon only accepts talks on new technologies and methodologies that
    have been recently developed. We will not accept papers that have
    already been presented prior to 2005, unless they present fundamental
    concepts or conform to any of the outlined topics below.

    Special consideration will be given to papers addressing the following
    topics:

    * Cryptography & Privacy
    * Anonymity Concepts
    * Forensics, Tracking & Phishing
    * Advanced Attack Methods (Exploits, Reverse Engineering, etc)
    * Hardware & Protocol Attacks

    All talks should be 60 minutes in length including time for delegate
    participation and questions at the end of the presentation. Inclusion of
    any talk related tools, white papers or source code will help during the
    selection process. While we try to facilitate speakers' requests for
    equipment, we may not be able to accommodate all requests. In cases
    where we cannot guarantee special equipment the speaker is expected to
    supply hardware and/or software. Each speaker is also expected to bring
    their own laptop to display their presentation.

    All talks must be vendor neutral, while speakers are welcome to present
    on behalf of a company - sales pitches will be thrown out.

    REMUNERATION
    For each chosen presentation ToorCon will give the speaker and 1 guest
    free admission to the conference.

    SPEAKER REQUIREMENTS
    Please include the following information with your submission:

    1. What title you are submitting your paper under.
    2. A valid e-mail address AND telephone number where you can be reached.
    3. Number of people that will be presenting.
    4. A brief biography on why you are qualified to speak on your topic.
    This will be used on www.toorcon.org as well as in any press material
    for the conference.
    5. If you are speaking under a company name, please specify for which
    company you work.
    6. Would you like to be considered for speaking at the Deep Knoweldge
    Seminars?

    Note that by presenting at ToorCon 2005 you grant ToorCon permission to
    reproduce, distribute and/or advertise your talk as seen fit.

    FURTHER INFORMATION
    Please visit http://www.toorcon.org for further conference information.

    LOCATION INFORMATION
    This year's event will be held at the San Diego Convention Center. The
    reception and conference will take place on September 16th-18th in
    meeting rooms 30A-E and the East Terrace at the San Diego Convention
    Center's upper level.

    September 16th-18th, 2005
    San Diego Convention Center
    111 W. Harbor Drive
    San Diego, CA 92101
    http://www.sdccc.org

    IMPORTANT DATES
    July 7th, 2005: Official Call For Papers issued.
    August 15th, 2005: Call for Papers closes.
    August 29th, 2005: Final submission of complete material for CDs and
    printing
    September 16-18th, 2005: ToorCon 2005

    • ToorCon 9 CFP
      ... we'll be accepting submissions until September 9th. ... Papers and presentations are being accepted for ToorCon 9 to be held at ... SUBMISSION OF PAPERS ... This year's event will be held at the San Diego Convention Center. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • ToorCon 9 CFP
      ... we'll be accepting submissions until September 9th. ... Papers and presentations are being accepted for ToorCon 9 to be held at ... SUBMISSION OF PAPERS ... This year's event will be held at the San Diego Convention Center. ...
      (Vuln-Dev)
    • ToorCon 2005 Call for Papers
      ... Papers and presentations are being accepted for ToorCon 2005 to be held ... email your submissions to cfp@toorcon.org, ... SUBMISSION OF PAPERS ... This year's event will be held at the San Diego Convention Center. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • ToorCon 2005 Call for Papers
      ... Papers and presentations are being accepted for ToorCon 2005 to be held ... email your submissions to cfp@toorcon.org, ... SUBMISSION OF PAPERS ... This year's event will be held at the San Diego Convention Center. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • ToorCon 2005 Call for Papers
      ... Papers and presentations are being accepted for ToorCon 2005 to be held ... email your submissions to cfp@toorcon.org, ... SUBMISSION OF PAPERS ... This year's event will be held at the San Diego Convention Center. ...
      (Pen-Test)