Re: SAM encrypted with syskey

From: Vladimir Katalov (vkatalov_at_elcomsoft.com)
Date: 02/17/05

    Date: 17 Feb 2005 08:36:00 -0000
    To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In-Reply-To: <F36BC027FD4D7E4FB9EA59EFAF86BAAD11AEE4@mex0010mf01.na.xerox.net>

    >Does any one knows a method to retrieve the password for the SAM
    >(NT/W2K) that has been encripted with syskey? Or bypass the system
    >startup password?

    Proactive Windows Security Explorer allows that:

    http://www.elcomsoft.com/pwsex.html

    It is able to dump password hashes from SAM and SYSTEM files (created in any system from Windows NT4 to Windows Server 2003).

    Next version will be also able to get password hashes directly from Active Directory database (ntds.dit).

    --
    Sincerely yours,
      Vladimir

    • Re: Encrypted Files recovery?
      ... but I am still worrying my account encrypted files. ... You can also try "Advanced EFS Data Recovery" software: ... Member of Russian Cryptology Association ...
    • Re: Restrict access to CD Drives in Win NT
      ... Member of Russian Cryptology Association ... http://www.elcomsoft.com/adc.html (Advanced Disk Catalog) ... http://www.elcomsoft.com/prs.html (Password Recovery Software) ...
      (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
    • Re: Can I recover my user-encrypted files from a readable but non-bootable W2k system disk?
      ... Try "Advanced EFS Data Recovery": ... Member of Russian Cryptology Association ... http://www.elcomsoft.com/prs.html (Password Recovery Software) ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Encryption
      ... >> I have a prroblem with aprevious installation of win2000 ... > Vladimir Katalov ... > Member of Russian Cryptology Association ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: outlook express password
      ... Advanced OE Password Recovery should help: ... Member of Russian Cryptology Association ... http://www.elcomsoft.com/prs.html (Password Recovery Software) ...
      (microsoft.public.security)