Changes in Aleph1 Smashing the Stack...

From: Florencio Cano (fcano_at_ono.com)
Date: 11/26/04

    Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:31:37 +0100
    To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    I'm studying how buffer overflows work. While reading the famous article
    by Aleph1 Smashing the Stack for Fun and Profit I have got some problems.
    I think my problems are caused by changes in new versions of gcc so,
    where I can find information about how changes in new versions of gcc
    affect the stack when a function are called or how new versions affect
    the programming of bofs.
    Thanks in advance and sorry if the question is so basic.

    --
    Florencio Cano <fcano@ono.com>