Re: Shell:

From: Seth Chromick (seth.chromick_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 07/08/04

    Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:12:43 -0400

    steve johnson wrote:

    > On a Windows 2000 box, IE version 6, the command does nothing ("page
    > cannot be displayed"). In addition, shell:\\windows\system32\cmd.exe
    > doesn't do anything either. Run C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe and a shell
    > pops up right away.
    >

    > ...steve
    >
    > On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Perrymon, Josh L. wrote:
    >

    >>What do you think about this in Mozilla OR IE?
    >>
    >>shell:windows\system32\cmd.exe
    >>
    >>I can't seem to pass any variables to it though because it bombs but my
    >>syntax may be incorrect.
    >>

    >>Joshua Perrymon
    >>Sr. Network Security Consultant
    >>PGP Fingerprint
    >>51B8 01AC E58B 9BFE D57D 8EF6 C0B2 DECF EC20 6021

    In Thunderbird, nothing happens at all. You click the link and you get
    an hourglass for a second, but nothing actually pops up.

    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: shell:windows
      ... After my initial question I see that IE isn't a big issue like Mozilla was. ... I think it could be used in an attack. ... Maybe it's not the shell: command itself that is an issue. ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • RE: [Full-Disclosure] What about M$ in the shell: race
      ... working on it at the same time ane he submitted to Mozilla 2 hours before I ... Keith and I took the same approach. ... me and I look at an older Buqtraq post and saw the shell: ... current bug already disclosed within your lab. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Mozilla Profile Question
      ... > Why is it I can fire up a shell and run as many copies of Mozilla as I ... > have a mind to,but for example if I do it from something from a gnome ... When you have mozilla open and would like to open another window just use ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Problem wih characters (was Problem with IME)
      ... I must remember that UTF-8 may have more currency... ... >panel, I could start Mozilla without using the shell again! ...
      (sci.lang.japan)