Re: openbsd 3.4 ps bug

From: Daniel (
Date: 11/20/03

    Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:51:01 +0000 (UTC)
    To: Kurt Seifried <>

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Kurt Seifried wrote:

    > > the gdb it gave me the address 0x1c01c116 in ?? ().I don`t have the
    > > time to confirm if the bug is exploitable or not but it is a big problem
    > > because a user(id 1000+) can also do that.This is a report which will also
    > > be submited in the bugtraq.It is also not confirmed that other versions
    > Yes this creates a core dump. I fail to see how this is exploitable for
    > additional privileges however as ps is not setuid/setgid (simply mode 0555).
    > Can you please enlighten us as to how this is exploitable for additional
    > privileges?
    > Kurt Seifried,
    > A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
    > AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574

    i didn't see him saying it was exploitable, as he didn't have time
    to look
    into it. yep your right, i dont see how any privledges can be gained from

    • Re: [Full-disclosure] [CVE-2012-0207] Linux IGMP Remote Denial Of Service
      ... BTW you bug is a division by zero and it's here: ... releasing additional research in a hurry like this can only ... right, so why cripple it, thats just silly... ... and, i dont really care a shit who coded it, but, i doubt it was ...
    • Re: Is VB.NET Stable??
      ... I dont know about a web site. ... The Grand Master ... BRING BACK VB6 OR EAT DICK, MICROSOFT ... If there's no bug report, it will take much longer (or make it even ...
    • Re: Japanese text in domain names
      ... and IDN's dont work you may as well report the bug. ... > being discussed only in Opera's beta newsgroup. ...
    • [Full-Disclosure] (no subject)
      ... think you've found a bug in your software, go to the software vendor to ... software dont want to fix the damned thing THEN CHANGE F*CKING BRANDS! ... blackhats dont release their exploits to the rest of the community. ...
    • Re: openoffice 2.0 is crashing
      ... >>Does anyone have an account on their website to submit a bug? ... No, I dont think it is stupid, I just don't have ... > Follow the instructions from jl near the end of the report. ... Oleksandr Korneta -- fedora-list mailing list ...